2014 Wanda Chin Scholarship Recipients
Wanda Chin Professional Development Fund Silent and Live Auctions
Since 1997, the Western Museums Association (WMA) Annual Meeting has featured a Silent Auction in the Exhibit Hall. Proceeds from the auction benefit the Wanda Chin Scholarship program, which helps fund participation and travel to the Annual Meeting by professionals who might otherwise not be able to attend. The Scholarship program is a vital component of the WMA mission.
The 2014 Wanda Chin Scholarship application period is currently closed. Please check back in Spring 2015 for information about the 2015 Wanda Chin Scholarship.
The Wanda Chin Professional Development Scholarship helps to fund travel and registration for Western Museums Association (WMA) members and students who meet the following qualifications:
- Student (does not need to be a member)
- Incoming Professional (must be a member of WMA for at least one year and have been in the museum field for 1-5 years)
- Mid-career professional (must be a member of WMA for at least one year and have been in the museum field for 5+ years).
- WMA will begin accepting donations in Spring 2015.
- Please fill out the Wanda Chin Donation form
- Ship your donation to the Annual Meeting location no more than 10 days prior to the conference, or simply bring the donation with you. Please note: WMA is not responsible for items shipped to the Annual Meeting location but not received.
Suggested donation items might be:
- Museum gift shop items such as craft supplies, jewelry, books, etc.
- Consultants can offer to extend their services
- Art and collectibles from private collections is often attractive to bidders.
- A vacation home stay
- Donation of frequent flyer miles
- Wine from your state
- Gift baskets that highlight a specific locale or exhibit
Blog Posts by Previous Wanda Chin Award Recipients
- Finding Common Ground in the Personal and Distinctive
- From Alaska to Utah: A Lifeline to the West
- (Re)learning to Listen
- People Get to Work in Museums?!: My Experiences at the WMA Annual Meeting
- When I Grow Up, I Want To Be a Museum Professional
- What Community Means to Museums: The Broader Cultural Landscape
- The Spirit of Aloha
- Gaining Mastery in the Museum Field