2017 Wanda Chin Scholarship Recipients
Wanda Chin Professional Development Fund: Scholarship and Auctions
Since 1997, the Western Museums Association (WMA) Annual Meeting has featured a Silent Auction in the Exhibit Hall and a live auction during an evening event. Proceeds from the auction benefit the Wanda Chin Scholarship program, which helps fund participation and travel to the Annual Meeting by professionals who might otherwise not be able to attend. The Scholarship program is a vital component of the WMA mission.
Wanda Chin Scholarship
The 2018 Wanda Chin Scholarship Application Period is Now Open. The Deadline to apply is June 1, 2018.
The Wanda Chin Professional Development Scholarship helps to fund travel and registration for Western Museums Association (WMA) members who meet the following qualifications:
- Student (Must be a current WMA Member and enrolled in a degree granting program)
- Incoming Professional (Must be a current WMA Member and have been in the museum field for 1-5 years)
- Mid-career professional (Must be a current WMA Member and have been in the museum field for 5+ years)
We encourage applications from members of diverse communities, and subscribe to EEO/Affirmative Action principles. This is a competitive process, and awards are based primarily on financial need. Scholarship awards are generally partial amounts requested in order to assist as many qualified applicants as possible; it is expected that the recipient or their institution will share some cost.
Donate to the Wanda Chin Scholarship Fund
Providing scholarships is a vital component of the WMA’s mission—and we need your help! Donate to the Wanda Chin Scholarship Fund today by clicking here, choose the amount you wish to donate and specify your donation is for the Wanda Chin Scholarship in the comments. Another way to support our scholarship program is by participating in the 2018 WMA Annual Meeting's silent and live auction. Proceeds from the 2018 Silent and Live Auction will directly fund the Wanda Chin Scholarship program, which helps to subsidize participation in the Annual Meeting for professionals who might otherwise not be able to attend.
Blog Posts by Previous Wanda Chin Award Recipients
- Change: We’re Working On It
- Local Perspective, Regional Implications
- Planning for the Unexpected at WMA
- Learn, Change, Grow, Repeat: Lessons Learned from the WMA 2016 Annual Conference
- Community and Museums: Healing Wounds from the Past through Education and Local History
- Becoming a “Museum Person”
- The Museum Ed Hustle
- Museum Professionals Descend on Las Vegas: Reflections from a Wanda Chin Scholarship Recipient
- Taking Time to Listen: Museums Engaging Their Communities
- Leadership, Digital Engagement, and Education at the WMA Annual Meeting
- A Wealth of Knowledge
- Finding Common Ground in the Personal and Distinctive
- From Alaska to Utah: A Lifeline to the West
- (Re)learning to Listen
- People Get to Work in Museums?!: My Experiences at the WMA Annual Meeting
- When I Grow Up, I Want To Be a Museum Professional