2013 Wanda Chin Scholarship Recipients
Wanda Chin Professional Development Fund Silent and Live Auctions
Since 1997, the Western Museums Association (WMA) Annual Meeting has featured a Silent Auction in the Exhibit Hall. Proceeds from the auction benefit the Wanda Chin Scholarship program, which helps fund participation and travel to the Annual Meeting by professionals who might otherwise not be able to attend. The Scholarship program is a vital component of the WMA mission.
The 2014 Wanda Chin Scholarship application period is currently closed. Please check back in Spring 2015 for information about the 2015 Wanda Chin Scholarship.
The Wanda Chin Professional Development Scholarship helps to fund travel and registration for Western Museums Association (WMA) members and students who meet the following qualifications:
- Student (does not need to be a member)
- Incoming Professional (must be a member of WMA for at least one year and have been in the museum field for 1-5 years)
- Mid-career professional (must be a member of WMA for at least one year and have been in the museum field for 5+ years).
- Please fill out the Wanda Chin Donation form
- Ship your donation to the Annual Meeting location no more than 10 days prior to the conference, or simply bring the donation with you. Please note: WMA is not responsible for items shipped to the Annual Meeting location but not received.
Suggested donation items might be:
- Museum gift shop items such as craft supplies, jewelry, books, etc.
- A stay at your vacation home
- Wine from your state
Forms must be received by September 24, 2014 to be included in the List of Auction Items, which will be available at the 2014 Annual Meeting. WMA will still accept donations up until the 2014 Opening Reception.
Items may be brought or sent directly to the Annual Meeting location, but you must fill out this form in advance in order to receive proper acknowledgement at the Annual Meeting. Please note that WMA may combine your item with others if such a combination would bring higher bids. Auction winners are responsible for claiming and arranging any shipping of items.
Blog Posts by Previous Wanda Chin Award Recipients
- Finding Common Ground in the Personal and Distinctive
- From Alaska to Utah: A Lifeline to the West
- (Re)learning to Listen
- People Get to Work in Museums?!: My Experiences at the WMA Annual Meeting
- When I Grow Up, I Want To Be a Museum Professional
- What Community Means to Museums: The Broader Cultural Landscape
- The Spirit of Aloha
- Gaining Mastery in the Museum Field