Position Title: Adult Education Coordinator
Reports To: Program Manager
Status: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Create and manage adult educational programming at the Nordic Heritage Museum.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop and manage all aspects of adult educational programs, workshops, classes, and receptions, including the Nordic Knitting Conference; Craft School; the Raoul Wallenberg Dinner; and other educational programming as assigned.
- Research, plan, develop, implement, and evaluate educational programming; manage budgets, resources, communications, and timelines.
- Respond to proposals for educational programs at the Museum.
- Develop and manage partnerships with community groups to enhance educational programming.
- Develop programs, activities, and resources to complement temporary exhibitions with the Chief Curator, Program Manager, and Exhibitions Coordinator.
- In collaboration with the Public Program Coordinator and Children’s Educator, oversee the Museum’s docent program.
- Coordinate self-guided and docent-led tours of the Museum for adults.
- Provide administrative and programmatic support to Program Manager as required.
- Respond to general inquiries concerning Museum programming.
- Liaise with development and operations staff to communicate needs in the areas of marketing, volunteer, fund development and facilities support.
- Excellent communication skills, including public speaking.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a variety of stakeholders (staff, volunteers, vendors, customers, etc.).
- Highly organized and detail oriented, with excellent administrative and time management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects with high energy and strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to anticipate needs and challenges, take initiative, ask questions, and provide solutions to achieve department and organization objectives.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Knowledge of Nordic culture and language.
- Adaptable to changing business situations and environments.
- Highly professional public presence and strong customer service orientation.
- BA + 3 years relevant experience in Museum education or related field
- Weekend and evening work
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint. Advanced web research skills.
- Proficient in PC platform
- Valid drivers’ license
- Ability to lift 35lbs
- Ability to be seated/standing for extended periods
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. All employees are expected to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Please submit resume, cover letter and salary requirement via email to HR@nordicmuseum.org Incomplete applications will be not be considered.
Application Close Date: Open until filled. No phone calls, please.