Executive Director opening
In 1971, the A.R. Bowman family in Prineville, Oregon, donated their historic bank building to the Crook County Historical Society for use as a museum. Since then, through generous public and private support, the Bowman Museum has not only added a beautiful adjacent History Center but also created a vivid collection of pioneer history and organized programs, serving more than 10,000 people annually. The museum exists to inspire, entertain, educate and involve our local community, as well as visitors from all over the world, in the stewardship of our unique history. We offer new exhibits every year and feature exciting speakers, area tours, historical and genealogical research assistance, annual celebrations, regular visitation hours, newspaper articles and quarterly publications.
The Bowman Museum, along with the Historical Society, in partnership with Crook County, is seeking a qualified candidate for Executive Director. The successful candidate will bring leadership experience in fundraising, grant writing, marketing, financial management, operations and an ability to work cooperatively with community leaders, board of directors, staff and volunteers. The Executive Director working closely with the Board of Directors, is a strong and dynamic leader who understands, supports and promotes the mission of the organization, financial plans, and programs. The Executive Director is expected to attend exhibit openings, board meetings, and fundraising and public relation activities. This individual will act as the primary spokesperson for the museum, creating partnerships, supporting fund-raising campaigns, and promoting the museum as a community asset.
Anticipated Start Date: February 2018
Starting Salary Range DOE: $72,275.30-$78,956.80 including a full range of benefits
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor of Arts in Museum Studies, History, or related field
• Certificate in Museum Studies or related field
• 3-5 years’ experience in some aspect of museum management such as museum direction, exhibits or collections management, cultural resource management.
• 2-3 years’ experience working with budgets, grants, fundraising.
Preferred Education and Experience
• Master of Arts in Museum Studies, History, or related field.
• 2-3 years’ experience working as a Director or Assistant Director of a museum.
• 3+ years’ experience working with budgets, grants, fundraising, working on tax levies.
• Minimum of 2 years’ extensive experience working in PastPerfect Museum Software
To see a full job description and to apply, please click http://crook-county.hiringthing.com/