Wanda Chin Scholarship
2013 Wanda Chin Scholarship Recipients
Wanda Chin Professional Development Fund Silent and Live Auctions
Since 1997, our Annual Meeting has featured a Silent Auction in the Exhibit Hall. Proceeds from the auction benefit the Wanda Chin Scholarship program, which helps fund participation and travel to the Annual Meeting by professionals who might otherwise not be able to attend. The Scholarship program is a vital component of our mission.
Please fill out the Wanda Chin Scholarship form and return by May 30, 2014
The Wanda Chin Professional Development Scholarship helps to fund travel and registration for Western Museums Association (WMA) members and students who meet the following qualifications:
1. Student (does not need to be a member)
2. Incoming Professional (must be a member of WMA for at least one year and have been in the museum field for 1-5 years)
3. Mid-career professional (must be a member of WMA for at least one year and have been in the museum field for 5+ years).
1. Please fill out the Wanda Chin Donation form
2. Ship your donation to the Annual Meeting location no more than 10 days prior to the conference, or simply bring the donation with you. Please note: WMA is not responsible for items shipped to the Annual Meeting location but not received.
Suggested donation items might be:
- Museum gift shop items; Craft supplies; Jewelry; Books; Etc.
- A stay at your vacation home
- Wine from your state
If WMA receives written notification of your donation by one month prior to the conference, you will be acknowledged in the List of Auction Items, which is posted on our website and at the conference.
Items may be brought or sent directly to the Annual Meeting location, but you must fill out this form in advance in order to receive proper acknowledgement at the conference. Please provide us with a description of the item and estimated value. Large items may be shipped to high bidder (at the donor’s expense) after the conference as long a clear photograph of the item is provided to WMA in advance for the auction table. Please note that WMA may combine your item with others if such a combination would bring higher bids.
Blog posts by Wanda Chin Award recipients: