bay.org/Aquarium of The Bay
ASSOCIATE MANAGER OF SALES
This position shall assist Director of Sales in achieving the departments sales goals, developing business strategies, and implement effective sales plans. Ability to improve sales by using innovative techniques of selling to penetrate a variety of markets, have good communication skills, and excellent sales training experience.
Direct reports: Director, Sales & Events
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Account management, business development, and market research
- Accurate report of sales for each market of responsibility (includes PACE reporting)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills dealing with clients and subordinates
- Train Ambassadors and assist in training box office staff to upsell
- Good collaboration with other departments
- Manage group sales and Ambassador Program
- Responsible for tracking and updating client information and contracts
- Perform other duties as assigned by Director
Qualifications, key skills/knowledge required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-A bachelors degree in sales, communication, hospitality/tourism management, or 3 years of equivalent in sales environment
-High energy and creative
-Excellent leadership skills
-Excellent communication and customer service skills
-Knowledge of CRM system and Gateway ticketing system
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write reports and correspondence. Ability to write and present engaging science programs. Ability to speak effectively before groups or individuals.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, walk, and reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The position requires frequent visits to the exhibit areas (walking on concrete floors, climbing stairs), extensive time standing, intervals of time outdoors in varying environmental conditions, tolerance of high levels of noise, and extensive public speaking, sometimes in noisy environments. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. Must either have or be able to attain a California Driver’s License and be willing to be trained to drive a large vehicle and drive for off-site meetings/programs with regularity. DMV clearance required upon hire.
-40 hours per week / exempt position
- Attendance to evenings and weekend special events may be required
- Sales and Business Development 50%
- Group Sales & Contracts 25%
- Supervision of Ambassadors 25%
Additional comments regarding the nature, scope or purpose of this position:
· Interest in the environment, conservation and educational aspects of the aquarium are helpful.
· Flexibility, confidentiality, tact, reliability and a sense of humor are essential.
To apply please email email@example.com